Neodymium (chemical symbol Nd) is element 60 on the periodic table. It is a rare earth metal and forms one of the Lanthanides series. When added to Iron (Fe) and Boron (B) (chemical formula Nd14Fe21B) the resultant magnets are the strongest magnets currently available. Neodymium magnets are sometimes known as Neo, Neod or NIB magnets.
Peformance of Disc Strong Magnets:
1. High performance, strong coercive force, high energy, etc
2. High resistance to magnetic demagnetization
3. Excellent cost to performance ratio
4. Not suitable for application which exposed to high temperatures.
5. Widely used in mini-motors, wind generators, meters, sensors, speakers, strong magnetic suspension system, magnetic transmission machine and other industrial applications.
6. Very easy to corrosion in humid environments, so it is necessary to do the surface treatment according customers' requirements.
Circular Disc Magnets can be fixed in place using adhesive or can be pushed into circular drilled holes in wood or plastic, many new packaging designs use Neodymium magnets cleverly trapped behind laminations of cardboard to provide invisible closing mechanisms for folders, gift boxes, name badges and even greetings cards than stick to your refridgerator!