Samarium Cobalt (SmCo) segmenet magnets are powerful magnets rare earth magnets composed of samarium and cobalt.
They are commonly used in high performance motors, magnetic couplings and magnetic separators.
These are brittle magnets and are prone to cracking and chipping.
Samarium magnets can be used for high temperature applications where neodymium will not work.
• Samarium cobalt magnets are hard and brittle and may chip or break if dropped.
• They have high magnetic properties
• Samarium cobalt magnets offer good thermal stability
• Samarium cobalt magnets are resistant to corrosion
• Samarium cobalt magnets resistant to demagnetization
|Temperature coefficient of remanence (%/K)||0.12||0.03|
|Temperature coefficient of coercivity (%/K)||0.55..-0.65||0.15..-0.30|
|Curie temperature (°C)||320||800|
|CTE, magnetizing direction (1/K)||5.2×106||5.2×106|
|CTE, normal to magnetizing direction (1/K)||0.8×106||11×106|
|Flexural strength (N/mm2)||250||150|
|Compressive strength (N/mm2)||1100||800|
|Tensile strength (N/mm2)||75||35|
|Vickers hardness (HV)||550-650||500-650|
|Electrical resistivity (Ω·cm)||(110-170)×106||86×106|